Women Probiotics Women Probiotics


Massive Dose of Caffeine Kills British Man

Michael Lee Bedford, a 23-year-old British man died from what the coroner said was a dangerous dose of caffeine. Information from the coroner's inquest revealed that Bedford ingested two spoonfuls of pure caffeine powder followed by an energy drink -- an amount of caffeine equivalent to 70 cans of Red Bull.

A warning label on the caffeine powder said only one-sixteenth of a teaspoon should be taken.

According to ABC News:

“... [C]affeine overdoses are on the rise thanks in large part to the wide availability of caffeine-loaded energy drinks ... [I]ncreased consumption of these drinks can lead to caffeine abuse, which can lead to significant illness, injury and even death.”

+ Sources and References
Click Here and be the first to comment on this article
Post your comment