Vitamin E Vitamin E

ADVERTISEMENT

Is There Scary Bacteria in Your Showerhead Making You Sick?

In this day and age most people are savvy enough to know that mold growing in your home is not a good thing. But, did you know that it’s often mold you don’t see that can cause the worst damage? According to Prevention, showerheads are places where bacteria like to grow — but in reality there’s no need for alarm, as long as you follow a few simple steps that ensure your safety, such as occasionally scrubbing nozzles with a toothbrush and being picky about which showers you use in public places such as gyms and pools.

That said, toxic mold is nothing to be lackadaisical about. About 25 percent of Americans are genetically predisposed to experiencing severe illness from toxic mold exposure — and it in fact may be the most prominent health problem physicians are missing today, making it a "hidden" pandemic that's sweeping the nation. In fact, in the U.S., 45 million people live and work in moldy buildings, and approximately half of all U.S. buildings have water damage, which greatly increases the likelihood of hidden toxic mold.

Because mold toxins are so unique and their effects are so broad, symptoms of mold toxicity are complex and varied, making it difficult for physicians to arrive at the correct diagnosis. The good news is, once you realize you've been poisoned by toxic mold, with proper support your brain and body can recover. But in order to do so, it's important to find a "mold literate" physician to guide you in every aspect of your care.

Recovering from mold toxicity requires removing the source or sources of exposure, then starving the fungi out of your body with an antifungal diet and avoiding foods that may be contaminated with mold. Also make sure your vitamin D levels are optimized.
Click Here and be the first to comment on this article
Post your comment